Who is Arete Wealth?
A recognized, ranked independent Broker-Dealer and RIA
Arete Wealth is a family of financial companies including a full- service Broker-Dealer (BD), Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) and Insurance firm.
We exist with one main focus: to offer comprehensive wealth management that builds favorable financial futures for our investors, clients and partners.
Arete Wealth has been helping advisors and investors achieve their wealth goals since 2007, and throughout our growth, our core value of excellence through intellect and integrity has never wavered.
*corporate revenue from 2021–2022
*corporate revenue from 2018-2022
Numbers as of 12/31/2022
Arete Through The Years
– Arete Wealth welcomes Fincadia Group of 66 registered representatives
– Arete Wealth is named No.1 Fastest Growing Broker-Dealer by Investment News.
– Arete Wealth placed No. 35 on FA Magazine’s Independent Broker-Dealer Rankings for 2022, jumping another 8 places from 2021 in overall revenue reported among surveyed firms.
– Arete Wealth celebrates its 15th anniversary
– For the second year in a row, Arete Wealth is selected to InvestmentNews’ Top Independent Broker-Dealer list.
– Arete Wealth named an “IBD Elite 2020” firm by Financial Planning.
– Firm moves headquarters to the expanding Fulton Market district of downtown Chicago.
– Arete Wealth named to InvestmentNews’ Top Independent Broker-Dealer list.
– Arete Wealth ranks No. 3 in InvestmentNews’ 10 Fastest Growing IBDs, the publication’s list of independent U.S. broker-dealers that saw the biggest percentage gains in their 2017 revenue.
– Arete Wealth celebrates its 10-year anniversary.
Art & Wine Program Introduced
Arete Wealth connects clients with expert advisors in art, wine, collectibles, and insurance for their lifestyle needs. Given this program’s range and caliber of services, it is thought to be the only of its kind in the U.S. offered by a financial services firm.
– The firm welcomes its 100th advisor.
– Arete Wealth acquires Axxcess Capital Partners, an M&A transaction to add more high-producing branches and grow the firm’s investment banking expertise.
– After a down year, the firm turns a profit, emerging from the great recession of 2008, and continues growing through organic recruiting activity.
– FINRA approves continuing membership agreement; agrees to change the name of the Broker-Dealer to Arete Wealth Management and dramatically expand the approved lines of operation for the firm to allow for comprehensive wealth management.
– Known as the “Memphis Summit” in firm lore, Joshua Rogers meets with 6 of the largest producing branches and executives of the Private Consulting Group, an independent BD & RIA based in Portland, Oregon, where an agreement was reached for those branches and executives to move to Arete in exchange for equity ownership in the firm. (This was not an M&A transaction but more commonly known as a ‘lift out.’)
– Joshua Rogers purchases Keystone Securities, an NASD member firm since 1999.
– Arete Wealth Advisors created, the SEC-registered RIA firm.